1. Vision and Values of the Firm
ABY Information Systems Solutions envision building a place where people can come to find and discover anything related to information system. The firm has the following values: Integrity, Efficiency, Competence, Learning
Integrity: All our work, including the smallest and simplest jobs are carried out in a manner that exudes confidence, discipline, trust and care.
Efficiency: We pledge our utmost that our services are conducted within given time scales and budgets with the minimum of the necessary resources to ensure a quality end product.
Competence: Our staff and associated professionals are all well qualified and experienced in their respective fields.
Learning: ABY Information Systems Solutions endeavors a policy of continuous improvement.
2. The Business Idea
Our present era is called the” information age”. This term recognizes that the production of good relevant and timely information is the key to good decision making. In turn, good decision making is the key to organizational survival in a global environment.
Information systems and technologies have become a vital component of successful business and organizations. It is important that to view information systems as more than a set of technologies that support efficient business operations, work group and enterprise collaboration, or efficient business decision making. Information technology can change the way business compete. So information systems should also be viewed strategically, that is, as vital competitive networks, as a means of organizational renewal, and as a necessary investment in technologies that help a company adopt strategies and business processes that enable it to reengineer or reinvent itself in order to survive and succeed in today’s dynamic e-business environment.
Hence working in the areas of information systems has immeasurable contribution in the development of the country and it has also immense market opportunity as a business entity.
3. Service Description
ABY Information Systems solution is involved in the short and long term in the following major activities. The following table shows a brief description of the services /products and their values for the intended customers.
S/N Service Description Value Of the Service For Customers
1. Prepare Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Related Documents
2. Undertake Baseline & End line Survey and evaluation of Projects
3. Conduct feasibility studies and prepare Proposals and business plan
4. Provide short and long term Training Related to Information system and technology, Applied GIS and remote sensing.
5. Consult in the areas of Information system, applied GIS and Remote sensing.
6. Import and be an agent for products Related to Information technology, applied GIS and Remote sensing
4. Experiences of the Company
ABY information systems solution with TIN 0016672177 and Renewed License has a diversified experience related to information systems and organizational consultancy. The firm has sufficient managerial capability justified by wide and deep experiences of the owner and members of the technical staff who has been working for many years in different institutions at different capacities. The company has also exercised managing works of different activities that created a capacity to handle more sophisticated activities. Recent assignments have also contributed a lot to up bring the capacity of the firm. Moreover the owner of the consultancy firm has Certificate from the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Environmental Protection Authority that confirm competency to carry out consultancy services on Environmental Management and Audit. And the firm has a Professional license from Ministry of Communication and Information that validate to consult in software design, development and Implementation; Database Implementation.
The following are the assignments carried out by ABY information systems solutions
1. Carried out Terminal Evaluation of ‘Tisabalima Rural Community Development’ and ‘Habru Community Based Climate Change Adaptation’ Project of Ethiopian Evangelical Church of Mekaneyesus.
2. Participate in the baseline survey of Empowerment of Women Entrepreneurs for Sustainable Development in Amhara (EWESDA) commissioned by International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR). The project is owned by Amahara Women Entrepreneurs Association (AWEA).
3. Carried out land use/cover analysis, soil survey and prepare a watershed management plan for small scale irrigation development project in Amhara Region.
3.Undertook Baseline Survey of Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) project of USAID A GOH ORDA.
4. Participate in a baseline survey of Knowledge, Attitude and Practice (KAP) Towards Sexual and Reproductive Health among Young School Girls and Boys in Amhara Region for Amhara Development Association.
5. Carried out Environmental Impact Assessment for Integrated Milk Production and Processing Plant in Bahirdar Zuria Woreda for Evergreen Dairy Processing Farm. and the Amhara National Regional State Bureau of Environmental Protection Land Use and Administration has given the environmental management plan approval certificate.
6. Undertook final evaluation of Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) project of CARE Ethiopia.
7. Conducted TOTs for target Woreda Rural Saving and Credit cooperatives (RUSACCO) Experts in Amhara region in four selected module: Cooperative Management And Administration, Financial Management For Cooperatives, Saving Mobilization and Financial Analysis and Delinquency Management.
8. Conduct training on GIS and remote sensing for different governmental and nongovernmental organization.
9. Conduct and prepare a feasibility study for the establishment of Microfinance Institute in Amhara region by a share company.
10. Carried out data encoding and decoding using SPSS software for USAID project
11. And others
Basic GIS training video in Amharic Language
A GIS training material appropriate for Ethiopians prepared by the local language. It has four main chapters.
Information System for urban water supply & sanita
Carrying out information system development of Urban water network and waste management system for Bahir Dar city in partnership with Daftech computer engineering.