View all 158 Jobs
Job vacancy Field Officer
View all 158 Jobs
Dan Church Aid
- Minimum of first degree in Agriculture, development studies or other related field.
- More than three years of supervisory experience in the field in international nongovernmental organizations
- Good knowledge of the operations in Ethiopia; more specifically South Omo
- Experience of working with NGOs/Humanitarian agencies
- Excellent communication and organization skills, judgment and tact, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Good report writing skills and computer skills in MS outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the operational context is advantageous.
Dan Church Aid (DCA) is a Denmark-based international NGO registered under certificate # 1083 by the Authority for Civil Society Organizations and working to improve the wellbeing of particularly the rural and pre-urban people in Ethiopia. DCA’s Programme mainly focus on save live, building resilience and fighting inequality targeting highly disaster-prone areas in Oromia, Amhara, Afar, and Gambella regions.
Currently, the DCA Ethiopia Office is looking for a competent Field Officer (South Omo-Omorase town, Dasenech District)
Vacancy Number: DCA-Eth/VA-41/2023
Serving as the project's facilitator through stakeholder and target communities’ assessments. The position holder will be engaged with the target communities as well as cross border communities. It will perform data storage and analysis and perform the groundwork to reach the project goal.
- Field Officers will be the primary link between the project and communities.
- Responsible for beneficiary targeting, beneficiary registration and verification, beneficiary sensitization, mobilization, distribution of project material, providing training and monitoring of project implementation at community level and capacity building of community-based volunteers.
- Responsible for the coordination of all activities at field level and creating smooth relationship with the targeted community.
- Field officers will be responsible to facilitate project activities, conduct outreach, and provide direct support to beneficiaries, enabling effective and impactful interventions.
- Conduct community sensitization on the project and the target groups of the project and the selection criteria.
- Organize and mobilize project beneficiaries to attain sensitization and awareness meetings, registration processes with active coordination with another team.
- Train the beneficiaries on the agroecology, agroforestry , integrated watershed management principles and backyard gardening
- Provide ongoing capacity building support to the irrigation scheme beneficiaries.
- Provide on-going technical support and coordinate implementation of livelihood activities at field level and distribute livelihood inputs for targeted beneficiaries.
- Provide on-going technical support for the implementation of natural resource management activities like community-led water shed management, soil and water conservation work, production, and distribution of energy efficient stove, integration of animal fodder production.
- Provide on-going technical support in establishment of Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction Committee (CMDRR)
- Provide training for CMDRR committee at field level.
- Provide on-going capacity building support for the CMDDR committee at field level.
- Provide on-going technical support for peace building activities at the field level like mapping of peace (Social and physical) infrastructure, transboundary CSO forum advocacy campaigns and strengthening community groups- formal and informal authorities engaged in cross-border conflict issues.
- Provide field level technical support and coordinate gender sensitive conflict analysis related activities.
- Create and foster the sprit and culture of teamwork within DCA team and other partners.
- Rollout use of the digital data collection and ensure data showing project progress is collected regularly.
- Regular field monitoring to ensure timely execution of the project as per the timeline.
- Closely follow up the security situation at field level and share information with the project manager.
- Ensure timely delivery of information to beneficiaries, cross border communities and other relevant stakeholders.
- Support and ensure field monitoring of project activities is undertaken on regular bases.
- Accountable for ensuring that all complaints raised by beneficiaries are logged into the complaint logbook.
Required number: Two
Type of Contract: One year contract with possibility of extension
Duty Station: South Omo-Omorase
Reporting to: Project Manager
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: November 29,2023
Salary: According to DCA national staff salary scale
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs