View all 168 Jobs
- Job Search
- Accounting Jobs
- Jobs in Addis Ababa
- Junior Accountant
Job vacancy Junior Accountant
View all 168 Jobs
Fikir Ethiopia National Ass...
- Degree in Accounting & Finance, Business Administration, management, or related field of studies.
- At least a 2-year work experience in NGO environment.
- Good English speaking and writing skill
- Good knowledge of computer application skill and Peachtree accounting as well
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A strong team worker
- Ability to exercise sound, mature judgment and work independently
- Aptitude to work in difficult conditions and stressful situations
- Self-motivated, creativity, flexibility and the ability to work with limited resources and to consistently meet deadlines under pressure
Fikir Ethiopian National Association on Intellectual Disability (FENAID) is an indigenous non-political, non-profit-making and non-religious association that works to bring about practical changes in the lives of intellectually disabled children and youth in Ethiopia. The Association works in collaboration with its local and International partners, which are working for the same cause. We are a member of Inclusion Africa and Inclusion International, a regional and global organization working for the rights of persons with intellectual disability
FENAID wants to hire a Junior Accountant for Addis Ababa Office
The FENAID Junior Accountant reports to the FENAID Senior Accountant and maintains legers and other books of accounts, prepares financial reports as required and ensures that all payments, receipts, taxes and other financial obligations are met, files and keeps financial documents, records, and performs clerical work related to accounting.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- He/she will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that disbursements are made according to the rules and regulations specified in the FENAID Finance Manual.
- Prepare cash receipt vouchers, payment vouchers and check as well as transfer letters.
- Ensure that payment vouchers are correct and authentic.
- Enter all financial transactions into an appropriate computer software program.
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation and submit to the Senior Accountant.
- Prepare the Preparation of staff payroll and make sure that it is paid on time and that all required government taxes and social security contributions are deducted and paid.
- Assist in the development of working procedures, schedules, formats, etc. for efficient financial operations.
- Control expenditures/disbursements based on analysis of accounting reports and financial position of FENAID.
- Ensure that taxes and other government obligations are met on time.
- File and keep financial documents in proper manner.
- Perform clerical works related to accounting and other duties as assigned by the Senior Accountant.
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
WASH and Construction EngineerEmployee | Full Time | 8 Jun, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Program Manager, AYSRHEmployee | Full Time | 8 Jun, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Purchasing CoordinatorEmployee | Full Time | 8 Jun, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
TELEPHONE OPERATOR - Re-advertisementEmployee | Full Time | 8 Jun, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Assistant Chief EngineerEmployee | Full Time | 8 Jun, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Senior Gender AdvisorEmployee | Full Time | 8 Jun, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
DevOps EngineerEmployee | Full Time | 8 Jun, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Operations AssistantEmployee | Full Time | 8 Jun, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
See all jobs