View all 3215 Jobs
- Job Search
- Accounting Jobs
- Education Project Accountant
Job vacancy Education Project Accountant
View all 3215 Jobs
Imagine1day International O...
Education Project Accountant
Qualifications, Experience and Skills)
- BSc/BA/ degree in Accounting, Finance, Accounting Information System, and related disciplines.
- Minimum five years’ work experience in project accounting and finance areas.
- Experience in setting up new accounting systems.
- Excellent computer skill and computerized accounting systems.
- Experience in making improvements to financial systems; an aptitude for this work is an advantage.
- Experience in reporting to donors in an NGO environment
- Excellent communication skill in Local Language and English
Imagine 1 Day International Organization (imagine1day) is a Canadian non-religious, and nonprofit making Humanitarian and Development International NGO. It has been investing on Education, WASH, Livelihood, Emergency responses, Leadership and Opportunity Development Pillars in Ethiopia since 2008. Imagine 1 Day in partnership with EHF/UN-OCHA is currently planning to implement Education Project in Tigray and is seeking qualified experts for the following posts.
The Project Accountant has responsibilities to ensure policies, procedures and guidelines in relation to finance, personnel, procurement and transport are adhered to, maintain personnel files and oversee all aspects of the finance and administration of the project and ensures that all records are kept in accordance with good management practice and I1D s procedures. She/he prepares payment vouchers, records transactions, posts charges and makes inventory counts of items, handles petty cash & keeps property, and prepares periodic reports for financial and administrative activities.
Reporting to Regional Finance Officer and Program Manager/Coordinator, the key responsibilities of the Project Accountant are to:
- Prepare and code payment & receipt vouchers and other documents
- Maintains assigned accounts in accordance with existing accounting procedures,
- Prepare schedules of various accounts,
- Prepare monthly expenditure statements and other reports,
- Record transactions in appropriate ledgers and or journals
- Make inventory count of items in stock and fixed assets.
- Maintain the accounting reporting process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of ledgers and all supporting documentation and compliance with finance and procurement regulations.
- Effect authorized payments such as wages and salaries, per diem and petty cash payments
- Prepare cash payment voucher for completed disbursement documents and transfers to the finance and Admin manager for checking and subsequent replenishment.
- Follow up of the settlement of temporary advance payments effected with suspense vouchers within seven days.
- Ensure sufficient petty cash fund is maintained at regional site for financing weekly expenditure and to request the replenishment of the fund before the balance is reduced to 10% of the float.
- Ensures that policies, procedures and Guidelines relating to personnel issues are well adhered to;
- Maintains and update personnel files and prepare annual leave and sick leave reports regularly;
- Maintains files file or correspondence, memos, and information and do appropriate response timely;
- Handles employee grievances, disciplinary issues and other administrative problems according to I1D’s policies and procedures.
Procurement, Storekeeping and Vehicle Management
- Receive, handle, issue and dispatch goods coming into or going out of store.
- Processing purchase requests of goods and services and undertakes bid analysis as per I1D’s policies and procedures
- Ensure vehicle utilization as per I1D’s policies and procedures and pursue timely vehicle repair and maintenance;
- Prepare regular reports on fuel consumption and other related expenses pertaining to the project vehicle
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisors.
Reports to: Regional Finance Officer and Program Manager/Coordinator
Duty station: Southern Tigray Project Offices
Employee condition-Contract for 6 months
Number of position:- 1
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
Program AssistantEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthiopiaWork
Senior Health Communications SpecialistEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthiopiaWork
Health Communication Specialist IEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthiopiaWork
Program OfficerEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthiopiaWork
Procurement CoordinatorEmployee | Full Time | 21 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Factory AgronomistEmployee | Full Time | 21 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Social WorkerEmployee | Full Time | 21 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Store KeeperEmployee | Full Time | 21 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
See all jobs