View all 3216 Jobs
- Job Search
- Accounting Jobs
- Senior Accountant
Job vacancy Senior Accountant
View all 3216 Jobs
Food Enterprise Solutions
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, MS Office Suite – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and other IT tools
- Minimum ten years’ experience as an accountant or finance officer
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Minimum 3 years of experience working on USAID-funded projects
- Experience managing taxation payments per Ethiopian legal requirements
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage highly complex, and sometimes ambiguous, projects and workstreams efficiently and strategically.
- Collaborative and diplomatic professional, able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with staff and external partners.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE AND LEVEL OF EFFORT (LOE)
- The period of performance will be 6 months from the date of hiring.
- The level of effort will be full time, totaling 40 billable hours per week.
IDEAL VALUES, CHARACTERISTICS, ATTRIBUTES, COMPETENCIES
- Are a doer, willing to roll up your sleeves and work diligently while managing time effectively.
- Have high standards when it comes to work.
- A team player who works well with all team members. Proactive and willing to participate in the team to accomplish tasks and priorities.
- Are a professional and have a respectful attitude towards all people regardless of race, culture, language, or education level.
- Display good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak, write and present with clarity.
- Exhibit and present self with good attitude and enthusiasm, being open and upbeat.
- Have demonstrated ability to think strategically, juggle multiple priorities.
- Possess demonstrated success in teamwork in a virtual and face-to-face environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
FES/Ethiopia seeks the services of an experienced Senior Accountant for a full-time 6-month contract, with possibility of extension based on performance. This position will report to FES Senior Finance Officer, and work under the day-to-day supervision of FES/Ethiopia Program Director. The location for this position will be the FES/Ethiopia office located in Addis Ababa. Food Enterprise Solutions (FES) is on a mission to energize the global food system to better balance global needs and profit. We leverage the powers of business, entrepreneurship, and innovation as key drivers in the global fight against hunger and malnutrition. We work in partnership with businesses and organizations to provide safe, nutritious, and affordable foods through supply chains that are commercially viable and environmentally sustainable. FES offers expertise in partnership development, market analysis, project design and management, training, and specialized technical assistance to strengthen capacities of - and linkages among - key actors within food systems.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key responsibilities of the Senior Accountant will be to deliver a smooth running of the operational processes of the Ethiopia BD4FS project implemented by Food Enterprise Solutions. The Accountant will be required to conduct a range of tasks to establish and maintain efficient, transparent and responsive accounting systems that comply with FES procedures.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain financial management systems in compliance with Ethiopian legal requirements
- Develop internal policies and systems governing procurement, hiring, and financial reporting
- Analyze and supervise all payments.
- Manage staff payroll system and statutory/internal deductions (taxes, pension contributions, etc.).
- Assure on time reporting and compliance with all tax and related legal requirements. Manage taxation payments and withholding per legal requirements
- Ensure financial records and accounts are timely, accurate and in line with international accounting standards and USAID requirements.
- Using the QuickBooks Online software, maintain FES accounting systems as per the company policies and procedure.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
Program AssistantEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthiopiaWork
Senior Health Communications SpecialistEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthiopiaWork
Health Communication Specialist IEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthiopiaWork
Program OfficerEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthiopiaWork
Procurement CoordinatorEmployee | Full Time | 21 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Factory AgronomistEmployee | Full Time | 21 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Social WorkerEmployee | Full Time | 21 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Store KeeperEmployee | Full Time | 21 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
See all jobs