View all 3286 Jobs
Job vacancy Finance Manager
View all 3286 Jobs
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Finance or Accounting from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 5-year experience in Finance and Accounting with 2 years in a similar position
- Strong systems (particularly ERP) experience considered an advantage
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
KNOWLEGDE, SKILLS, ATTITUDE
1: learner / 2: Capable / 3: Competent / 4: Master / 5: Expert
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The main purpose of the job is to manage the financial accounting process of the Company, including but not limited to, financial transactions and reporting, payables, receivables payroll and taxation management.
Running the business
- Management, supervision and training of the team personnel. Suggest and managing training courses where required.
- Liaise with the purchasing and inventory departments to ensure data from these is accurately transferred to the General Ledger.
- Review and ensure accuracy of financial transactions captured in the General Ledger (Sales, Inventory, Payments…).
- Manage timely processing and payments of payroll and ensure payslips are issued on time.
- Manage the preparation of monthly taxation reports timely submission and payments to relevant tax authorities.
- Manage fixed asset register and depreciation (including Capex and CAPWIP).
- Review trial balance and prepare adjustments where required
- Preparation of monthly financial accounts and supporting reconciliation schedules.
- Manage intercompany account reconciliation.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting Balance Sheet reconciliation schedules in compliance with IFRS.
- Preparation of annual financial statements and supporting Balance Sheet reconciliation schedules in compliance with IFRS.
- Preparation of audit file and co-ordinate with auditors for the provision of documentation.
- Ensure compliance to statutory and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assist the CFO in recommending areas of improvement in controls and procedures.
- Ensure employees maintain an appropriate filing system for financial documentation.
- Ensure integration of sub modules to the general ledger and trial balance.
- Ensure proper use of the different modules of the ERP system (Payables and cash book, sales and receivables, Fixed Asset and inventory)
- Provide training to colleagues in Finance Department.
- Should always be aiming to meet set targets on daily, weekly, monthly according to set annual overall KPI’s set separately per annum.
- Provide weekly timesheet covering achievements realized.
- Manage the supervision and training of team personnel. Suggest and manage training courses.
- Manage of the relationship with internal and external auditors as well as local and federal government tax Authority.
- Manage the relationship with suppliers and customers.
- Record and maintain reports on all activities performed.
- Submits reports to managers in a complete and timely manner.
- Report to the Chief Financial Officer on a daily basis and to the Chief Executive Officer as required.
- Provide cover for other team members as and when required.
- Undertake any additional duties as may be given by the Chief Financial Officer and/or the Chief Executive Officer.
Budget, KPI’s and Controlling
- Set separately per annum.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
Lead, Correspondent Banks and Remittance ManagementEmployee | Full Time | 28 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Van TellerEmployee | Full Time | 28 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Sorting TellerEmployee | Full Time | 28 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Senior Full Stack DeveloperEmployee | Full Time | 28 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Roving Logistics ManagerEmployee | Full Time | 28 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Software TesterEmployee | Full Time | 28 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
See all jobs