View all 3274 Jobs
- Job Search
- Marketing Jobs
- Market System/ Value Chain Technical Lead
Job vacancy Market System/ Value Chain Technical Lead
View all 3274 Jobs
Heifer International Ethiopia
Market System/ Value Chain Technical Lead
- Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Economics, Business, Marketing, or related field (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience with the US Government or other similar development programs focused on value chain or market systems development, including improving financial services for the poor, with experience in Ethiopia.
- Proven experience in program design, execution, operations, team leadership, and performance measurement and management.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders including national and subnational government, donors, donor-funded programs, private sector actors, and civil society organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with USAID rules, regulations, and requirements is preferred.
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with some form of disability.
Market System /Value Chain Technical Lead to support the implementation of the anticipated, USAID-funded Highlands Resilience Activity (HRA) in Ethiopia. HRA will contribute to the Productive Safety Net Program (PSNP) 5’s “Big Push” initiative and has the overarching goal of strengthening resilience among vulnerable households in Ethiopia’s Highlands, resulting in 120,000 PSNP households reaching the graduation threshold. HRA will support these households in moving above the graduation threshold and to where they no longer require social safety net programming for household food security and have the capabilities and assets to withstand regular and predictable shocks. The Activity will achieve this goal by directly supporting households in increasing their on-farm, off-farm, and employment incomes while facilitating improvements in the market systems required to increase demand for goods and services in PSNP communities. HRA will be a five-year program with an expected start date during mid to late 2023.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
Program Quality – Resilient Markets & Value Chains
- Provide technical leadership and direction to program staff, participants, and diverse partners, including government, civil society organizations, communities, and households.
- Ensure high-quality program design for relevant technical areas, develop client-centered and market-driven approaches to deliver measurable impact, and ensure technical and operational excellence in the execution of program activities and services.
- Take leadership in identifying, addressing, and adapting to program quality needs and gaps as they arise. Collaborate with other senior technical staff to problem solve.
- Supervise and/or review the work of technical consultants.
Program And Technical Leadership
- Oversee activities that are responsive to communities and partners and consistent with HPI’s relevant program guidelines, principles, values, quality standards, and strategic plans.
- Explore ways to increase women’s, girls, and boys’ participation in all aspects of the crop and livestock value chains.
- Proactively pursue partnerships with the private sector and civil society actors to expand rural supply and value chains and increase the availability of needed products and supplies in rural markets. Support increased private sector investment in target areas.
- Work in close collaboration with the Livelihood Specialist to expand rural livelihood opportunities through market expansion and the introduction of new private-sector-driven income opportunities.
- Provide training and support for HRA staff and partners.
- Integrate locally driven approaches, gender sensitivity, and capacity building into all activities, as appropriate. Certify all interventions adhere to HPI’s Gender Policy, Do No Harm principles, and program participant accountability standards.
- Ensure program strategies and activities represent global good practices for market development and resilience programming.
- Engage with relevant government agencies to improve rules, regulations, and infrastructure to support improved rural market systems.
Learning & Impact
- Work with the HRA Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team to ensure that monitoring and evaluation align with program objectives, captures technical learning, and incorporate learning into program adjustments.
- Lead market and value chain assessments and develop learning products, such as case studies and short articles. Contribute to the dissemination of learning products among program stakeholders.
Influence & Representation
- As needed, represent HPI at program, government, donor, NGO, or other relevant events, in close coordination with HRA leadership.
- Coordinate activities with consortium partners, subgrantees, local government, and other implementers, as well as with other HPI programs.
- Work in close collaboration with the global markets team to spread learning across programs and countries.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
Medical OfficerEmployee | Full Time | 27 Mar, 2023JOB BYSeaworld Maldives Pvt. Ltd.
Project ManagerEmployee | Full Time | 27 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Readvertised - Shareholders Relations ManagerEmployee | Full Time | 26 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Quality Improvement Specialist-Nutrition and Health/RE-ADVERTISEMENTEmployee | Full Time | 26 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Child Protection & Participation Project OfficerEmployee | Full Time | 26 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Finance OfficerEmployee | Full Time | 26 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
PsychologistEmployee | Full Time | 26 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Supply Chain AdministratorEmployee | Full Time | 25 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
See all jobs