View all 3182 Jobs
Job vacancy Protection Coordinator
View all 3182 Jobs
o University degree in Project Management, or related fields
o At least five years of experience in project management or project implementation
o Outstanding skill in monitoring & evaluating projects
o Experience working on curricula such as Healing Wounds of Trauma
o Experience implementing projects with trauma affected individuals mainly women’s
o Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills mainly in English and ; Tigrigna is an asset
Spoken, written and reading in English mandatory; fluency in Amharic and Tigrinya mandatory.
Ability to read, analyse, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
· Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
· Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
· Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Must be a humble team player.
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
· Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
· He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
· High level of integrity and stewardship.
· Committed to the SP values and ethics.
· Above average mathematic skills
· Willingness to travel in and out of field.
· Practical, quick, reasoning skills; must be able to keep communication lines open with all parties in program of scheduling changes.
· Clear understanding of the workings of major donors and their perspectives, requirements and standards.
· Organizational and time management skills.
· Good interpersonal and written oral communication skills.
· Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, build and maintain positive working relationships.
· Ability to understand complex security situation and advise program design accordingly.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk and run; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be exposed to loud noises around the maintenance and construction workshops.
· May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
· Work in a security context that is fluid
This is a non-contractual document that can be varied from time to time as circumstances dictate. This job announcement is intended to summarize the main duties and responsibilities of the post; this is not intended to be a full and exhaustive list of tasks. All SP staff is expected to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to perform appropriate tasks when the need arises.
The Protection Coordinator will plan and coordinate the HHIT project and its activities and oversee project implementation to ensure that the project aligns with the set objectives as per the agreement with the donor and to track expenditures as per the agreed budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the deputy area coordinator, the Protection Coordinator shall perform the following duties:
o Provide Protection leadership to the implementation of HHIT Protections activities by working closely with the Technical Advisors (TAs) of the respective sectors to implement Protection activities
o Develop and maintain a strong network and key contacts of local leaders and partners agencies
o Ensure mainstreaming of gender and protection into all Protection activities, in particular while working around culturally sensitive and difficult topics
o Plan and coordinate with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Analysis, and Learning team to conduct various assessments as needed
o Prepare detailed work plans and budget breakdowns for the different phases of the project to guide the team and related departments on the project implementation plan and requirements per phase
o Ensure that the project is delivered on time, within the scope and within budget
o Conduct field assessments & surveys to collect data and analyze them for project design and implementation
o Coordinate between various project teams and other departments and offices and guide them through the different phases to make sure that the project is implemented as per the set objectives and targeted activities
o Follow up on the project progress, monitor and assess project implementation, and prepare regular reports such as weekly, monthly, quarterly and final reports
o Facilitate coordination with the donors, local authorities and other relevant stakeholders
o Manage and organize the documentation of the project as per the different phases and ensure that all documents are archived in hard and soft copies
o Work closely with the Technical Advisors and field teams on objectives, indicators, activities and monitor the project in collaboration with the M & E Coordinator.
o All other duties as assigned
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 5 Feb, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
See all jobs