Reservation Agent Requirements:
- Hotel degree, Diploma or certificate.
- 2 years’ reservation agent experience and relevant position, preferably in the hospitality or travel industries.
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Data entry experience.
- Opera PMS System is mandatory.
Our company needs a dedicated and motivated candidate for Reservation and Revenue manager
We are looking for detail –oriented reservation agents to assist our customers with their booking needs. You will provide various planning and booking services, including answering customer’s questions and booking rooms.
RESERVATION AGENT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checking the availability of accommodation or transportation on the customers’ desired travel dates.
- Processing payments and sending confirmation details to customers.
- Sorting out any issues that may arise with bookings or reservations.
- Selling and promoting reservation services.
- Answering any questions customers might have about the reservation process.
- Up-selling, when appropriate, by informing customers of additional services or special packages.
- Providing support to customers who may need to amend or cancel a reservation.
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone and in person
- Processes reservations from the sales office, other hotel departments, and travel agents.
- Knows the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout.
- Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packages plans.
- Knows the credit policy of the hotel .
- Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival.
- Determines room rates based on the selling tactics of the hotel.
- Prepares letters of confirmation.
- Communicates reservation information to the front desk.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
- Understands the hotel's policy on guaranteed reservation and no-shows.
- Processes advance deposits on reservations.
- Tracks future room availabilities on the basis of reservations.
- Helps develop room revenue and occupancy forecast.
- Prepares expected arrival list for front office use.
- Assists in preregistration activities when appropriate.
- Monitors advances deposit requirements.
- Handles daily bookers Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed.
- Makes sure that files are kept up to date.
- Promotes goodwill by beings courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, mangers, and fellow employees.
- Walk around with the client and ensuring that they secure whatever services they are in need of.
- Getting information about areas of interest in order to target more clients in particular seasons.
- To be aware of all front office procedures.
- Detail Knowledge on online travel agent (OTA’S)