View all 3233 Jobs
Job vacancy Project Manager
View all 3233 Jobs
Plan International Ethiopia
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- MA/BA Degree in Agriculture and livestock, agricultural economics, rural development and development studies and other related disciplines like sociology and social works.
- At least 7+ years of experience out of which Four to five years’ experience in project management in NGOs sector.
- Knowledge of evidence based, best practice programming and standards for Emergency responses.
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
- Sound understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of pastoral and agro-pastoral livelihoods.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts.
- Fluency in English language is essential
- In addition, Knowledge of Local Languages is advantageous
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
This position holder would be responsible for UKNO funded project implementation in three targeted woredas of Dilo, Dhas and Dubluk. Also, he/she will coordinate assessment, response analysis, design, implementation and evaluation of the project. S/he is required to co-ordinate intervention activities and collaborative work with other Emergency Response team members and Plan staff, specifically with project management, Livelihoods, Child protection and education sectors. The project manager should have active role in technical co-ordination, facilitation of interventions, creating joint platforms for collaborative work and information sharing with different stakeholders, local government and humanitarian agencies.
Accountabilities and Main Work Activities
Program design, monitoring, evaluation, and management: (45%)
- Lead the concept note/proposal development and ensure that all proposals have clear goal, objectives and indicators illustrated by a clear log frame.
- Closely work with MEAL coordinator on developing the monitoring tool for the project
- Support the Implementation of Project at regional, zonal and target Woreda levels, in coordination with the Oromia PA team.
- Provide guidance on Plan’s corporate system (APPR, CPPR and SAP business) to project area staff
- Provide technical support to MEAL coordinator on ToR preparation to undertake mid-term and terminal project evaluations
- Ensure that the project implementation in the region(Oromia) is maintained its progress as per the intended quality & standards
- Ensure consultation and engagement of concerned project stakeholders in all phases of the project is undertaken
- Roll-out of the Plan’s Program Policies (Program Guide, and Program Quality) and train plan staff at PA and field office levels on these policies, as appropriate
- Ensure equal and fair opportunities and representation of both sexes and persons with disabilities in the program.
- Provides adequate technical support to UKNO funded project to Program Areas of PIE, in Oromia region,
- Engage in capacity building of project staffs in coordination with partner and thematic sector leads at CO.
- Ensure joint supportive supervisions, PDM and review meetings have been conducted with the presence of donor representatives, relevant stakeholders and PIE team on regular bases
Manage periodical Coordination platform & production of quality reports: (25%)
- Support the MEAL coordinator to produce quality project reports and ensure deadlines are met for this to submit to the donor and local government
- Arrange/facilitate regular project review meetings among stakeholders and PIE program staff
- Participate in coordination meetings organized by regional and zonal taskforces or woreda local government
- Ensure submission of weekly updates, timely compilation of donor report writing, specially outcome reports
- Ensure documentation of all requirements from the donor-annexes indicated in the LoA and GRN along logistic staff and facilitation of GIK recording and settlement into the SAP.
- Ensure logic and coherence between financial and narrative reports, and identify any changes to the description, timeframe of implementation and/or budget expenditures.
- Timely report any changes made to the description, timeframe of implementation and/or budget to his/her immediate supervisor
Documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and good practices: (10%)
- Engage the knowledge management specialist for creation and application of any innovative approach in implementation
- Support the knowledge Management Specialist towards ensuring that relevant project documentation is well organized and best practices, lessons, success stories, case studies, etc. are well captured, synthesized, packaged, produced and shared to relevant stakeholders using different technologies and methods.
- Document, share lessons learnt on the impacts and best practices of the project; and ensure effective communication and information sharing for scaling up of the project’s outcomes/impacts Prepare and compile case studies, best practices, proceedings, etc., and submit to concerned bodies as deemed required;
- Oversee the successful implementation of project baseline, mid-term and end line assessments/ evaluations and ensure lessons learnt feed into project adjustments.
Representation, partnership, advocacy and coordination: (20%)
- Represent Plan International Ethiopia in the working group related to this project at various levels
- Ensure that the project is well coordinated with the local stakeholders, UN agencies and local government in the region
- Ensure periodical reports are submitted timely to the local government
- Manage and facilitate key project governance mechanisms at country level and design and manage effective communication channels
- Represents PIE and participates in experience sharing and related forums on matters related to this project.
- Engage influencing and advocacy unit at CO for possible advocacy issues to undertake and national and local level
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that all staff in the unit/function/department are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
Liaison OfficerEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Office ManagerEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Disability Rights for Increased Voice and Empowerment Project TERMS OF REFERENCE (...Employee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Senior AccountantEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
System Admin & ERP ExpertEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Maintenance Electro mechanicalEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
See all jobs