View all 3233 Jobs
- Job Search
- Accounting Jobs
- Jobs in Addis Ababa
- Senior Accountant
Job vacancy Senior Accountant
View all 3233 Jobs
ABH Partners PLC
- Bachelor's degree or above in Accounting, Finance and Banking or relevant field of study
- Five or above years hand on of experience as a Senior Accountant or Accounting Supervisor.
- Advanced proficiency in managing general ledgers, journal entries, and account reconciliations.
- Exceptional ability to prepare project budgets, financial forecasts, and tax reports is a plus
- Ensuring a steady cash flow by generating, auditing, and sending invoices in a timely manner.
- Updating contracts according to client requirements and reporting associated budget amendments.
- Strong knowledge of project accounting principles and procedures.
- Understanding of accounting softwires like Peachtree - Accountants
- Practical experience doing with ERP is an asset
- Strong aptitude for quantitative skills and numbers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and internal controls.
- Excellent at analyzing information and interpret for other departments.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential data.
- Hardworking and honest
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
ABH Partners Plc is a leading consultancy and human resources sourcing firm in Ethiopia with about 15 years of experience in supporting the implementation of development programs and projects. ABH exists to fuel synergistic societal growth by harnessing local knowledge and international standard. Dedicated to the betterment of societal development, technical assistance, and knowledge management, ABH has gained credibility and industry experience in the development sector in general. ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Senior Accountant
Required No: Two (2)
Location: Addis Ababa
Duration: Full Time
Starting Date: Immediately after employment agreement concluded
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare accurate financial information with the help of inputs from the finance team on time.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by verifying, allocating, posting and entering transactions.
- Prepare error-free accounting reports and their results.
- Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor or other project managers as required.
- Conduct account reconciliation regularly on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Analyse the financial statements for any discrepancies and issues.
- Identify errors and take actions for improvement.
- Analyse intercompany transactions, bank statements and generate invoices.
- Review accounting systems and make suggestions for improvements.
- Manage bookkeepers and other accountants.
- Assist in the department’s goal-setting process.
- Provide support in the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Provide support in tax returns and tax audit.
- Plan and assign duties to staff members.
- Manage and maintain general ledgers.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.?
- Develop financial procedures to improve efficiency.
- Prepare and summarize all the transaction reports and financial status which includes a balance sheet, profit & loss statement.
- Present financial reports to higher management and Accountants.
- Providing project managers and clients with timely financial reports and budgets, as well as project forecasts.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
Liaison OfficerEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Office ManagerEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Disability Rights for Increased Voice and Empowerment Project TERMS OF REFERENCE (...Employee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Senior AccountantEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
System Admin & ERP ExpertEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
Maintenance Electro mechanicalEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
See all jobs