View all 604 Jobs
Job vacancy Program Analyst
View all 604 Jobs
ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the workforce, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and at each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
UNDERSTANDING CANADA PROGRAMS AT THE FOUNDATION
The Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways. The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.
As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being. Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities. We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation. The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.
The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation. While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.
If you are an experienced Program Analyst professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Country Director, the Analyst Programs provide support on the analysis of country strategies and functional themes from the evolving perspective of integrated programming on youth engagement strategies and the development of youth-led initiatives and interventions that advance the delivery of Young Africa Works Strategy for the country. He/She will gather data, and ensures its quality and appropriate utilization in collaboration with Program Teams to support their needs and achieve programmatic strategy.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Engage and solicit input from relevant sources (partners, relevant target audience) and collaborate with colleagues to ensure the inclusion of various sector perspectives in roadmap and program design.
- Support country program teams with program implementation;
- Collaborate with members of the team to advance team deliverables and support day-to-day activities of the Program,
- Foster and maintain a community of sector participants, ensuring they remain at the center of implementation efforts,
- Collaborating with colleagues in Impact and Knowledge management to collect and validate data and learnings,
- Leading outreach efforts for various sectors participating in the Foundation’s and partners’ programming,
- Provide quality customer service in responding to program inquiries or partners via e-mail, in person or by phone,
- Provide support for operational processes, monitoring project implementation, budget and timelines, and reporting requirements.
- Building and managing relationships with partners and stakeholders;
- Manage initiatives and events to engage broad stakeholder groups.
- Coordinate working groups and stakeholder engagements.
- Analyze data to identify emerging issues, trends and outliers to bring to the attention of the Program team.
- Build and maintain knowledge and familiarity with data security and privacy-related issues.
- Work with program team members to anticipate and address challenges related to reporting in a timely and sensitive manner and troubleshoot data delivery processes.
- Accountability for sector systems and tools, ensuring program data accuracy and database management.
- Work collaboratively to support the development and maintenance of knowledge management systems and provide insights to develop methods for synchronizing and integrating data across various teams.
- Organize meetings, take notes, and provide logistical support for the team.
- Perform other administrative, research and evaluation-related activities as needed.
- Prepare literature reviews, environmental scans and/or analyses.
WHO YOU ARE
- undergraduate or graduate degree in the relevant subject areas (e.g., international development, sociology, economics, statistics). An advanced degree would be preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in analytics, reporting, database administration, and managing large datasets (preference for system knowledge or equivalent).
- A minimum of two years of experience in supporting program implementation, monitoring, evaluation and improvement.
- Experience with economic and quantitative analysis.
- Strong knowledge/experience with enterprise-level databases.
- Knowledge of current tools and software programs for quantitative analysis (familiarity with tools and software for qualitative analysis would be an asset).
- Strong technical expertise in data mining and data presentation/visualization.
- Understanding of youth education and employment issues in Africa, and emerging global trends in the field.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate large amounts of information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of African social, economic and political contexts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Bilingual French is highly desired.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and engaging with a range of partners.
- A proactive, engaged self-starter who demonstrates personal ownership for finding new opportunities for improving processes, and practices, or resolving problems.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity to different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 31 Jan, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
- Employee | Full Time | 31 Jan, 2023JOB BYEthioJobs
See all jobs