View all 3170 Jobs
Job vacancy Program Officer for Lymphatic Filariasis & Onchocerciasis Elimination Program
View all 3170 Jobs
The Carter Center - Ethiopia
Program Officer for Lymphatic Filariasis & Onchocerciasis Elimination Program
Qualification and Experience:
- MPH, MSc or related health disciplines
- Relevant experience of a minimum of seven years, preferably on NTD projects. .
- Reasonably good experience in health projects management
- Ability to work in team and demonstrate good interpersonal communication skills
- Highly energetic and able to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent data management and report writing/preparation skill
- Willingness to travel and work in remote rural areas during fieldwork
- Very good English and Oromifa language communication skills (written and verbal).
- Very good computer skills
- Prior work experience in RB/LF elimination project is highly advantageous.
Vacancy Number: VA_016_FY23
The Carter Center is a not-for-profit international NGO committed to waging peace, fighting disease and building hope worldwide. The Carter Center - Ethiopia, which assists the Government of Ethiopia in Disease Elimination and Eradication Programs is looking for a qualified professional to fill the following vacant post for its RB/LF elimination program.
Summary Job Description:
- The Program Officer is a member of the Oncho/LF Elimination Program team at the Country Office and has overall responsibility for the Onchocerciasis and Lymphatic Filariasis Elimination Program implementation in The Carter Center assisted areas. He/she reports directly to the Program Manager and has the following detail duties and responsibilities:
- Assists the program on LF (70%) and Oncho (30%) and serves as focal point for LF elimination program and provides technical support on Oncho/LF in the Carter Center assisted areas
- Supports the development of effective internal communication, knowledge management, and learning and Links up with relevant stakeholders and development partners (government and non-government) at the zonal, regional, and national levels.
- In consultation with the Program manager, either together or alone attends and contributes to the national technical working group on LF and oncho,
- Serves as focal point, contributes to Oncho/LF Elimination Taskforce Health system strengthening and capacity building programs and keeps updates and links between MoH and TCCE and properly documents and shares lessons to the program and
- Contributes to and oversee the development/revision of LF elimination guidelines, training manuals, IEC/BCC materials, and Participates in LF/Oncho elimination workshops, meetings organized by MoH and RHBs, as approved by the PM.
- Works with the Oncho/LF Elimination Program team at all levels to plan, design and carry out surveys for assessing the impact of interventions on LF and oncho transmission.
- Provides technical assistance to regional project offices in designing, planning, and executing organizing and implementing community directed LF and Oncho elimination program activities, including mass treatment with ivermectin/albendazole, for the elimination of onchocerciasis and lymphatic filariasis.
- Works with the Oncho/LF Elimination Program team to plan and develop tools. Assists in coordination and implementation of LF and oncho mapping, Pre TAS/TAS for LF and impact and stop MDA surveys.
- Closely works with the program manager, DPM and all other Oncho/LF team in designing survey tools, methods, abstracts, manuscripts, and peer reviewed publication of successful program deliverables related to LF and Oncho with more focus on LF aspects
- Keeps track of ongoing LF and Oncho elimination operational research and ensures that they are progressing as planned.
- Works with the Oncho/LF Elimination Program team to develop and implement effective and efficient M&E systems, validate performance of activities, and provide feedback to the health services at zonal, district, kebele, and community levels
- Devises mechanism to ensure that outputs of LF and oncho research are put into practice to monitor progress of LF elimination by various levels of the health system (MoH to Woreda Health Offices).
- Works closely with the Program Manager, RB/LF team and actively participates in the development of project proposals, budget plans and annual POA for oncho and LF
- Provides supports to the CO, regions and zones in the preparation and execution of POA and budget planning and carries out follows up on performance of project status against the PoA through rigorous supervision and feedback mechanisms
- Works closely with the Program Manager and RB/LF team, Logistics Manager, Regional Project Managers, RHBs, and MoH in the preparation of annual Mectizan and Albendazole applications, FTS kits importations and undertaking surveys.
- Compiles monthly, quarterly, and annual reports with relevant updates and makes stringent follow up with action points and recommendations forwarded to the program
- Performs other duties as instructed by supervisor.
Required Number: 1 (One)
Terms of Employment: One year contract with a possibility of extension.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs