View all 3170 Jobs
Job vacancy Accountability to the Affected People Specialist
View all 3170 Jobs
Plan International Ethiopia
Accountability to the Affected People Specialist
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- MA/MSC or BA/BSC Degree in social work, social science or related field of study
- 5 years relevant experience for MA or 10 years relevant experience for BA degree
- Experience in accountability to the beneficiary, donors and other stakeholders .
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- Experience in establishing and management of feedback and response system, information sharing etc.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and other applications like SAP.
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Skills & experience:
- Demonstrated experience in participatory methods and understanding of adult learning principles.
- High integrity and willingness to conduct her/himself transparently and open to scrutiny.
- Familiarity with the work of NGOs is desirable.
- Thorough familiarity with principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation of relief and development programs using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation skills and training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong empathy skills and genuine care and respect for the needs of others especially female and another marginalized group.
- The ability to work in a systematic and organized manner.
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- The ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries.
As a member of the country office humanitarian team the Accountability to the Affected People Specialist is responsible to ensure that Community-Based Complaints Feedback and Mechanisms (CBCFM) are in place to fulfill humanitarian standards and laws which would be in line with Plan international internal policies, global emergency response manual for operations and program and global AAP guidelines.
The position holder is responsible to lead effective implementation of Plan international accountability framework in all disaster response setting, refugee and migration including responses in host communities, conflict and other disaster driven IDPs and host communities, drought and flood related response.
Moreover, Plan International Ethiopia AAP-specialist could be a resource person for key accountability roles related to coordination of projects and support the leadership efforts, establish effective and workable community-based complaints and feedback system, ensure information sharing and community participation process, and capture and share learning identified in through accountability system. Furthermore, the post holder should ensure Plan International ensure that the CBFCM is culturally, socially and religiously appropriate to the affected and host communities. The position holder should closely and proactively work with field team in all response areas across PIE intervention geographic area and closely work the CO program quality team, PA and field team.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Develop and strengthen accountability system:
- Establish a system, oversee and maintain mechanisms to ensure accountability to the people we serve, to donor and stakeholders.
- Support PIE and partners design and implement monitoring and evaluation system that strengthen quality and accountability.
- Establishing a sustainable Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) in each site which ensures all beneficiaries can make confidential complaints and be confident in response processes.
- Establish a system to track and analyze trends on feedback and response to regularly improve programming.
- Building capacity of all staff, partners and project participants as appropriate in MPP with special emphasis on accountability standards.
- Support project/emergency response integrates the accountability system (feedback and response mechanism, information provision mechanism, and community participation) through the project life cycle.
- Support the application of accountability into project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and partnership agreements.
Monitoring, evaluation Learning, and knowledge management
- Support that target communities priorities are identified, and use inputs of communities to shape program design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation process.
- Support that project design process and overall accountability system incorporate elements of PIE Ethiopia framework.
- Monitor and report elements of the accountability mechanism particularly progress related to the feedback system, information sharing, and participation.
- Organize learning events with a focus on learning from accountability and application of PIE accountability framework.
Gender and protection issues
- Ensure that gender and protection issues are well considered in developing and the CP accountability system, and application of PIE Ethiopia framework. More specifically works that the overall accountability mechanism in the agency particularly complaint and response system address gender issues including the incidence of abuse and exploitation.
- Ensure that accountability data collection tools, checklist and reporting templets collect sex disaggregated data useful for decision making.
- Ensure that both male and female are fairly represented in complaint handling process (mainly complaint committees), training and monitoring process.
Work with MEAL unit and country program
- Support PIE’ work in Ethiopia by undertaking other tasks as appropriate and required.
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) ( 5%)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that all staff signed safeguarding policies;
- Implement Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs