View all 3084 Jobs
Job vacancy Program Manager- COVID-19
View all 3084 Jobs
Program Manager- COVID-19
● In-depth understanding of the immunization program and environment in Ethiopia.
● Excellent communicator, able to synthesize and convey complex information clearly.
● Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with team members, donors, and other cooperating agencies.
● Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suites including but not limited to Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
● Highly organized and detail-oriented.
● Develop and encourage new and innovative solutions.
Ability to identify and differentiate between important and urgent tasks, and quickly prioritize in a fast-paced, fluid, start-up environment
● Demonstrates highest levels of integrity and encourages openness and transparency.
● Demonstrated organizational skills in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
● Comfortable independently managing multiple long and short-term tasks simultaneously.
● Comfortable with ambiguity and confidence to request clarity when necessary.
● Team-oriented, supportive work style with willingness to work outside of the role when necessary. Good listener, respects others’ points of view, engages and motivates others.
● Maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information.
● Sense of humor.
● Masters degree or above in medicine, public health, or similar field of study
● At least ten years of experience in public health or a related field; experience with immunization-related activities is required.
● At least five years of team supervision experience
● Current experience supporting the planning and/or implementation of COVID-19 vaccination efforts is highly desirable
● Should have experience in managing projects on demand creation, addressing hesitancy or behavioral change communication related areas
● Familiarity on managing USAID funded projects
● Ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage various activities in a team setting with minimal supervision.
● Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
● Computer literacy required (Excel, MS Word, and Windows); familiarity with accounting and database software highly preferred.
● Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
● Experience working in a team setting.
● Fluency in English and Amharic.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. JSI offers competitive salary and benefits.JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. Women are encouraged to apply.
The MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity (M-RITE) project is part of a suite of innovative awards funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to holistically improve family planning and maternal and child health in partner countries around the world. The project applies best practices and explores innovations to increase equitable immunization coverage in USAID-supported countries around the globe. It works to build countries’ capacity to identify and overcome barriers to reaching zero-dose and under immunized children and older populations with life-saving vaccines and other integrated health services. M-RITE works at multiple levels and in alignment with global strategies such as the Immunization Agenda 2030 and Gavi 5.0.
As part of the M-RITE project, JSI is planning to support the Ministry of Health (MoH) of Ethiopia on planning and rollout of COVID-19 vaccination. This project will provide critical technical assistance to the MoH-Ethiopia, on current COVID-19 vaccination delivery efforts at national level and targeted demand creation on COVIDcovid-19 vaccination in Addis Ababa city. To support these efforts, JSI seeks a program manager that provides leadership in the implementation of the project based in Addis Ababa.
The Project Manager will provide overall management of the project activities including budget, staff and activity management. This individual will work closely with the project director and the technical team to support in management, planning and coordination of M-RITE program activities to strengthen the support for COVID-19 vaccination in Ethiopia. The Project Manager will monitor the M-RITE work plan and collaborate with the Senior Immunization Communication Expert, immunization advisors and the monitoring, evaluation and learning Advisor. The successful candidate will need strong managerial, networking, communication, collaboration, and partnership-building skills.
Duty station: Addis Ababa
Duration of the contract: Sep 2022- Mar 2023, with possibility of extension
The Project Manager will be a key member of the M-RITE Ethiopia team, working with technical staff to support the M-RITE Ethiopia and will work under the supervision of the M-RITE Project Director to:
● Establish a strong working relation with the Project in-country and central level teams to jointly ensure timely deliverables and to continuously seek ways of improving team performance
● Track project progress against timeline, financial and quality milestones as well as reports to management.
● Proactively identify issues and / or obstacles, working with subject matter experts to develop resolutions and / or contingencies to guide the project to a successful outcome.
● Maintain and closely manage project risks to ensure that mitigating activities are fully resources.
● Identify synergies and efficiencies, eliminated redundancies and facilitate collaboration and communication between project partners and MoH ; identifying ways to accelerate project execution where possible while maintaining high quality standards
SPECIFIC TASKS INCLUDE:
● Coordinate processes to support the development, monitoring and documentation of the M-RITE Ethiopia work plan activities, priorities, approaches, and learning.
● Facilitate and lead the development of project work plans and budgets, and support the day-to-day. implementation of work plan activities
● Provide managerial support for the project team members including immunization advisors, senior immunization communication expert and MEL advisors
● Support the MEL Advisor in project performance monitoring and reporting.
● Collaborate with the global team on strategic planning and work planning for consistency relating to M-RITE program priorities, strategic approaches, and learning. This includes harmonizing core and field work plans, Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plans, performance monitoring plans (PMP), and budgets.
● Work with technical teams to revise key planning and management documents to track the progress of implementation and country activities.
● Manage the planning and rollout of special technical events, such as conferences, webinars, and workshops.
● Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders including AARHB, MoH and NGOs working on COVID vaccination in Addis Ababa and nationally
● Other similar tasks assigned by supervisors
● Assist in the development and production of program deliverables, such as annual reports, quarterly reports, USAID Mission reports, and other deliverables.
● Work with M-RITE staff in writing, editing, and fact checking of communications materials, including success stories, technical briefs, tools, and other reports.
● Assist in documenting and disseminating country results, success stories, quarterly reports, or other reporting mechanisms.
● Lead the planning of in-country official visits, meetings, and conferences.
● Liaise with M-RITE global level team to develop and promote activities and achievements via social media and website.
● Work with the Project Director to ensure all deliverables are in compliance with agreed Branding and Marking regulations.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs