View all 3084 Jobs
Job vacancy Immunization Advisor - COVID-19
View all 3084 Jobs
Immunization Advisor - COVID-19
● Master of public health (MPH) or other equivalent qualifications with first degree in health related disciplines
● Minimum of six years working experience in immunization, preferably with routine immunization experience
● Should have at least two years of experience related with demand creation, health promotion, behavioral change communication or addressing hesitancy in health related areas, preferably on immunization.
● Should have experience in supporting the planning and/or implementation of COVID-19 vaccination in Ethiopia
● Demonstrated experience working with the sub-city, ZHD or RHB and involvement in technical working groups (must understand local government structures)
● Strong organizational, management and communication skills to influence partners and decision-makers at the regional, zonal, and woreda level
● Computer skills that include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power point
● Ability to produce accurate data and reports
● Fluency in English and Amharic.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. JSI offers competitive salary and benefits.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. Women are encouraged to apply.
The MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity (M-RITE) project is part of a suite of innovative awards funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to holistically improve family planning and maternal and child health in partner countries around the world. The project applies best practices and explores innovations to increase equitable immunization coverage in USAID-supported countries around the globe. It works to build countries’ capacity to identify and overcome barriers to reaching zero-dose and under immunized children and older populations with life-saving vaccines and other integrated health services. M-RITE works at multiple levels and in alignment with global strategies such as the Immunization Agenda 2030 and Gavi 5.0.
As part of the M-RITE project, JSI is planning to support the Ministry of Health (MoH) of Ethiopia on planning and rollout of COVID-19 vaccination. This project will provide critical technical assistance to the MoH-Ethiopia, on current COVID-19 vaccination delivery efforts at national level and targeted demand creation on COVID-19 vaccination in Addis Ababa city. To support these efforts, JSI seeks immunization experts to lead demand creation activities in selected sub-cities in Addis Ababa. The project’s overall objective is to improve coverage of COVID-19 vaccination through national level technical assistance on data analysis and use and targeted support to improve demand in Addis Ababa.
The Immunization Advisor will be based in the sub-city health office, and provide technical support to the sub-city in planning and coordination of COVID-19 for campaigns and routinely. He or she is also responsible for conducting training, organizing community dialogues and working with schools within the sub-cities. In consultation with the respective sub-cities, the Immunization Advisor will also work to establish additional sites to conduct outreach and mobile sessions of COVID-19 vaccination. The exact sub-city in Addis will be determined based on consultation with Addis Ababa Regional Health bureau (AARHB).
Duty station: to be based in sub-city health offices, Addis Ababa
Number of people needed: 3 (one for each sub-city)
Duration of the contract: Sep 2022- Mar 2023, with possibility of extension
● Engagement and coordination support for TWG, strategic planning, and coordination of COVID-19 activities
● Support the sub-city health office in development of demand creation, communication and ensuring availability of COVID-19 vaccination based on the plan to health centers and community level prior to and during COVID-19 campaigns
● Support subcity and woredas with COVID-19 vaccine data analysis and use of data for programmatic decision-making. Ensure demand creation is aligned with data analysis feedback
● Enhance the capacity of sub-city health office, woredas and health facilities on demand creation and communication related with immunization
2. Provide strong technical support for COVID-19 vaccination campaigns:
● Support the sub-city health office and AARHB in overall preparation for the campaign including support in identifying key issues for demand creation, ensuring vaccines are planned and assigned to each woreda, facilities and temporary sites and microplanning
● Participate in provision of trainings to health workers and supportive supervisions
● Work with sub-city and regional teams in identifying woredas and areas that needs communication support and provide timely technical assistance to address the challenge
● Attend daily and other ad-hoc planning, coordination and review meetings
● Participate in post campaign evaluation and review meetings
● Support sub-city in preparation of reports and updates to RHBs
3. Will be responsible to lead implementation of the following activities within the subcity in consultation with the RHB and sub city health office
- Mapping if health workers have been given with training on demand creation and interpersonal communication related with COVID-19 vaccination
- Conduct training to health workers, family health team, health extension workers based on the mapping completed
- Mapping and conducting training to civic association (such as women and youth association) and engage them as part of demand creation for COVID-19 vaccination
- Organizing community dialogues
- Provide orientation on COVID-19 to high schools, particularly for students working on mini-media of schools
- In consultation with the respective sub-cities, identify sites (such as market place, bus station, etc) to conduct outreach and mobile sessions of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Monitor the activity of the mobile and outreach team during vaccination sessions
4. Work with sub-city health office for integration of COVID-19 vaccination with the routine immunization during non-campaign seasons
5. Provide technical support to ZHD and woredas within the zone to ensure the continuation of RI activities
● Support ZHD in microplanning for RI to be developed to woredas and health facilities in the zone
● Participate during supportive supervisions and review meetings organized by RHB, ZHD or other partners
● Support ZHD in RI data analysis and provision of feedback to woredas6. Other similar tasks assigned by supervisor
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs